We know that the people who use danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk tend to be pretty pleasant, intelligent folks and you don’t need us to nanny you. That said, when in a rush or tired we can all make the odd mistake, so when adding your contributions to the site please bear the following in mind:
- All listings must be relevant to the Cornwall Dance and Theatre community:
- For what’s on items this means the event must take place at a venue in Cornwall
- For job’s and opportunities this means the listing must be of particular relevance to people interested in theatre and/or dance.
DTC.co.uk is not a general employment website. NB this does not mean that a job or opportunity must be based in Cornwall – only that it must be of specific interest to the community of interest around theatre and dance in Cornwall.
- For directory listings this means that you or your organisation must have a Cornwall address and be able to prove that you do the majority of your work here or that you are otherwise primarily involved with theatre and/or dance activity in the county rather than elsewhere.
Posts which do not meet these guidelines may be removed. If you are unsure about whether your listing meets these criteria please email email@example.com to ask advice before posting.
Reposting and Cross-posting:
- Content should only be posted to the single most appropriate section of the site – for example it is not acceptable to add identical or very similar content to more than one of the jobs, opportunities or what’s on sections (cross-posting). Please decide which section of the site is most appropriate and post it there only.
- www.danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk reserve the right to move content to a more appropriate section and/or delete cross-posts without notice.
- Users who cross-post repeatedly or who persist in cross-posting after having been asked to stop may be banned from the site.
- Users should only repost content which is similar to content that has previously been listed on www.danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk if there is a genuine reason for doing so. Examples of valid reasons for reposting include:
- If a job application deadline has passed without suitable applications being received
- If a previously posted opportunity or event is occurring again at a different venue or on a different date.
- If the details of an entry have otherwise substantially or materially changed so as to alter the section of the danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk userbase to which the listing will appeal.
- Keeping content on the first page of the jobs or opportunities listings is not a valid reason for reposting content. Clear duplicate postings will be removed without notice.
If you have a genuine reason for reposting content which is materially the same as previously posted content please email firstname.lastname@example.org resubmitting your content.
- Try and make your listing as accurate and complete as you can. The more complete your listings the more useful they are to people visiting the site and the better a response you are likely to get.
- Add images to your what’s on listings, and the bigger the better! Listings with images tend to get viewed much more than those without. Images can be up to 2Mb each and can be uploaded in JPG, GIF or PNG formats. We’re working hard on allowing multiple images in What’s On listings – currently you can upload multiple images but only one is displayed in listings.
- Lastly, please don’t post anything that could be considered rude, defamatory, libellous, threatening or unpleasant or we will have to remove it and as a last resort may have to ban you from the site. If you see something on the site which you think falls in to the categories above then let us know. In short, be nice to each other.
Why we have these guidelines:
danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk works because of two things:
- It is based around a specific community of interest – Dance and Theatre in Cornwall
- It supports that community by providing it with high quality, relevant information.
The content guidelines are here to help maintain that quality of information and promote its exchange in a fair and friendly environment. We recognise that Cornwall-based companies and individuals do work outside the county, and we of course want to support that. But danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk is all about theatre activity taking place in Cornwall, and as such is not the appropriate place for information about activity taking place elsewhere.
Individuals and organisations based outside the county are welcome to list both events taking place in Cornwall and jobs and opportunities of interest to danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk users, but we regret that we are only able to list Cornwall-based individuals and organisations in the directory.